Listen wherever you like to get your podcasts at:
This is a series of episodes where we explore a deep dive into a book that has changed my life. We will go chapter by chapter and review the things that make it work so well with hope that you will find inspiration to help you with your own journey.
I am usually accompanied by long-time friend, fellow SEALFitter and badass, Heather Bauer Dughaish @bmbrbauer (https://www.voteheatherbauer.com/). Along with her husband we all co-own a gym; Workhorse Fitness together in Columbia, South Carolina.
The Way of the SEAL by Mark Divine
Chapter 7: Build Your Intuition
This episode of our WOS podcast series is a VLOG format. We took to the streets of Columbia, SC while we did an 8 mile Ruck and just talked through the chapter and what it meant to us.
Getting in touch with your “gut” feelings. Learning to trust your gut and go with your intuition.
- Expand your awareness
- Taking in everything around you and also maintain attention to detail.
- Eyes exercises:
- Focused awareness – stare intently to catalog details
- Relaxed awareness – soft gaze, taking in the peripheral vision and just watching
- KIM (Keep in Memory) exercise. Much like our blindfolded kata during BB test.
- Strengthening your sensory perception
- Going out into nature – you slow down your ‘outer mind’ and engaged with your ‘inner mind or wisdom
- Meditation, awareness practices, mental acuity practices, toughness challenges’
- Uncovering your background of obviousness
- Align the ‘inner with the outer’ be who you are on the outside/in public with the person who you really are on the inside.
- Opening up to your inner wisdom
- Tapping into all of the above, to use your ‘intution’ to sniff out bad situations or good ones.
Authentic Communication – ‘listening’
When you talk to someone, stop and listen. Don’t listen to respond, listen to learn/intake.
To think is easy. To act is difficult. To act as one thinks is the most difficult.Johann Wolfgang
Mark has been doing something on his youtube channel called “the daily brief”. I find them super helpful to get me in the mindset I need to be each day he drops one. Some serious knowledge bombs on these. He recently did one on “Looking inward” the core idea is that you are what you think/believe. So focus on positive things, build excellence habits and get after it daily.
Please support our sponsors: