Digging into Musashi’s “book of five rings” via a post about his 9 principles for a Warrior Mindset.
In his medium post titled “9 Tips From a Samurai to Help You Live a Winner’s Life” author Alvin Ang gets into some good detail via Miyomoto Musashi’s 9 Principles for a Warrior Mindset.
- Do not think dishonestly.
- The Way is in training.
- Become acquainted with every art.
- Know the Ways of all professions.
- Distinguish between gain and loss in worldly matters.
- Develop intuitive judgement and understanding for everything.
- Perceive those things which cannot be seen.
- Pay attention even to trifles.
- Do nothing which is of no use.”
Through Mr Ang’s article I go through much of what he writes about but with my own viewpoints of Musashi’s principles. There is so much to unpack here for each one that I don’t think either the article nor my 30+ minute podcast do it justice, so make sure you go and read the “Book of Five Rings” when you can.
Please support our sponsors:
Use “warriormindset” when you check out.