A great discussion about Christian’s adventure on the show The Selection as well as his history of extreme events and training. I’ve been a fan of this man for some time now ever since I saw him on the show. I had prepared a bunch of questions to help ease us along and get into the mindset of what it’s like to walk the path of the warrior but in listening to his stories he just exemplifies it by the way he is in life.
Links for things we discussed in the show
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/run3000miles/
StrongFirst Kettlebell Certification – https://www.strongfirst.com/
From his website Run2Heal: https://run2heal.hfc.org/christian-griffith-runner-resume
My sexual abuse does not define me, it fuels me. I am not a victim, I’m a fighter. I have completed over 100 races of marathon distance or farther, racing over volcanoes, across deserts, and through tropical jungles and infested swamps, all over the world. I’ve earned my 50-mile bib at World’s Toughest Mudder on CBS, took a beating on American Ninja Warrior on NBC, and survived Hell as a finisher on THE SELECTION: Special Operations Experiment, on History Channel. I have successfully completed the Fuego Y Agua 100K Trail Ultramarathon in Nicaragua more times (3) than anyone else in the history of the race.
I’ll never be a one-trick pony. In my early years, I missed a lot of potentially great experiences because I thought I was “too cool” to do anything but beach sports. Now, I want to try everything and do anything healthy and productive that challenges my body, mind, and spirit thoroughly. My motto is Live for a Living. I strive for it every day.
- 2017 History Channel reality documentary series, The Selection: Special Operations Experiment.
- 2017 NBC American Ninja Warrior participant.
- 2016 World’s Toughest Mudder, 50 miles & 170 obstacles completed in under 24 hours.
- 2015 Survival Run Australia – Queensland, Australia.
- 2015 Monsters Inside Me, Season 6, Episode 2, on Discovery’s Animal Planet.
- Fuego Y Agua 100KM Trail Race – Isle de Ometepe, Nicaragua.
- Over 100 marathon/ultramarathon races, six 100-mile races & eight 50-mile races.
- Over 20 obstacle course races including Spartan Beast, Iron Warrior Dash & Rugged Maniac.
Please support our sponsors:
Use “warriormindset” when you check out.